- Ultra Premium Formula Wood Stain for Extra Performance
- Increased transoxide pigments for 99% ultraviolet protection against fading
- Extra protection against mildew
- Ten transparent wood stain tones
- Brazilian Rosewood Oil wood stain that deeply penetrates to protect against moisture
- Pigments won't fade, turn chalky or wash off
This Ultra Premium Red Label Penofin wood stain was created to meet the demand for an exterior wood finish that outperforms all other transparent wood stains. The highly-penetrating Brazilian Rosewood Oil base, from sustainably harvested seeds, protects and nourishes wood fibers far deeper than any other stain. With the added mildew protection the "dark menace" will not attack wood so easily, and helps preserve that freshly-milled look. Penofin Ultra Premium Red Label wood stain is perfect where rain, wind, snow, or high elevations are encountered. The formula in Ultra Premium Red Label wood stain is the result of extensive testing, and the use of the highest quality ingredients. Penofin wins the "Battle Of The Stains" penetration tests over all competitors, and gives longer life to wood of any species. Easy to apply and simple to maintain.
Product Performance Warranty
PENOFIN® exterior finishes are warranted to perform when applied to wood surfaces according to label instructions. For Blue Label Penofin expect 2 - 5 years on vertical surfaces, 1 - 2 years on horizontal surfaces depending on use and weather exposure. We recommend preserving the beauty of your horizontal surfaces by staining every 9 - 24 months.
- When you use Penofin, maintenance is a snap. Because Penofin is a low-solid product, there is no stripping or sanding necessary. Simply wash the surface with water and a mild detergent. Allow your wood surface to dry completely, approximately 48 hours before application.
- Follow the application methods listed on the previous page for a fresh and beautiful wood surface.
Coverage depends on application method, texture, and moisture content of wood. Coverage is less on rough surfaces, more on smooth surfaces. Average coverage is 175-300 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Penofin is an oil-based product. Clean brushes and other application materials with mineral spirits or paint thinner.
- AVOID SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION of oily rags. Soak all used cloths in a covered metal bucket of water, ensuring the cloths are completely covered with water. Cover until they can be properly disposed at your local hazardous materials drop-off.
Use a brush or sprayer. Brushing gives best results. Brush thoroughly and back brush Penofin into the wood leaving no excess. Wipe entire surface after 20-30 minutes with a nap-free cloth. Do not allow film to develop on wood surface. Apply when there is no chance of rain during the process or during the twelve-hour drying time. If rain occurs spots may develop on wood surfaces. Do not apply in direct hot sun! A minimum air temperature of 45° is required during application and drying time.
Repeat this application within 3-6 months and again within 10-12 months. Over time the wood fibers will become fully protected and maintenance will become less frequent. Product should be applied more often to horizontal areas and also areas with high ultra-violet exposure or heavy traffic. Store all oily cloths in water in a metal bucket until properly disposed.
400 square feet per gallon.
- When you use Penofin maintenance is a snap. Because Penofin is a low-solid product, there is no stripping or sanding necessary. Simply wash the surface with water and a mild detergent. Allow wood surface to dry completely, approximately 48 hours.
- Follow the application methods listed on the previous page for a fresh and beautiful wood surface
Trouble-Shooting A Sticky-Tacky Surface
Avoid overapplication by following the instructions we just covered. In the event of an overapplication, use the following methods to resolve.
To Remove Excess
- Allow Penofin to dry for seven days.
- Use Penofin Protech Cleaner and scrub the surface with a nylon or natural bristle brush. Do not use metal brushes.
- You may also use Penofin Wood Stripper for tough jobs.
- Allow the surface to dry for 48 hours before reapplying